Sep 09, 2018
It’s fall, which means I start baking warm things in the kitchen! And just generally I start spending a whole lot more time in the kitchen – which I think of as my meditation space and my playground.
I find recipes on the internet or in cookbooks and then I recreate them with ingredients that I love.
I love cooking and baking and I’m going to start adding some of my favorite recipes here to my blog/website.
3-4 ripe bananas
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil or melted butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil and maple syrup together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and almond milk.
3. Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. If you see some lumps it’s okay.
4. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.