Hey, I’m Lisa.
I’m best known as a teacher of A Course in Miracles and as the creator of the free (and wildly popular) 40-Day Program for Transformation.
When people ask me what I do for work, I tell them “I’m a spiritual teacher and author.”
BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY IS …
I work with Jesus, the Christ within.
My “work” is to be the light of the world, a function given to me by God.
My full “job description” is detailed in Workbook Lesson 100 of A Course in Miracles.
I’m a healer and anyone can be a healer. Healing is an ability that can be learned and taught. I teach and train people how to heal themselves and how to heal others. I show them how to identify with their true authentic Self – the light within. Mostly I challenge people to come out of hiding – to stop isolating, to stop with the make-pretend game of pain, sickness and suffering – while making every step feel like a totally fun experiment. That’s what I do.
I bring people to the edge and then I convince them it’s totally safe to step off. Again, I make it sound fun. I make it into a happy game. I’m an activator. A visionary. A impeccable warrior. I’ve seen the unknown and I encourage people to take the leap for themselves. I never push people (because everyone needs to make their own decision in their own way and in their own time) but I definitely give nudges. I definitely say: do it, do it, do it.
I bring joy to every room, to every situation and I inspire others to do the same. (and why would you not? What else have you got going on?)
My “real job” is to be the light of the world: which is an idea from A Course in Miracles, Workbook Lesson 61. I am the light of the world. I love this idea so much that I put it on my car license plate: ACIM-61 (as a constant reminder) “How holy are you who have the function of lighting up the whole world!”
My very favorite thing in the whole world is reading and writing. When I was 7 years old, I wrote a letter to Santa Claus that said: “Dear Santa, Please bring me 12 pencils and paper and I will give you 5¢. Love, Lisa.” LOL. Bartering with Santa Claus. That was a learned false belief pattern that I later had to undo in my adult years (that the only way to get anything is to work hard for it, earn it or pay for it).
My life work and mission is to light up the world with Love and bring God’s peace to everyone I meet, see and think of. And through my enthusiasm I get others to join on board with this life-changing practice: to fill every space with love and gratitude and appreciation.
I make the bible and spiritual concepts sound interesting and thrilling, to the point that people want to drop all their bad habits and start developing a relationship with Jesus (I don’t know how I do it, but I do!)
I love making people laugh, because happiness heals. So that’s one of my secret-undercover tools for transformation.
I know that the more fun and joy you pour into your life, the more results you get – and I’m all about results!
I’m Lisa Natoli – and you’ve probably guessed it that teaching people how to heal (while having serious fun) is my happy place. I love teaching. I love showing people new possibilities. I love bending the laws of time and space, and demonstrating it’s not only possible but natural.
People often find me when they are tired of being a serious intellectual spiritual seeker, when they are exhausted and frustrated with “practicing” and “reading” and “talking” about enlightenment and transformation. They don’t want another guru, they don’t want another complicated spiritual practice or another book. They want simplicity. They want aliveness, authenticity, health and vitality, a feeling of connection and purpose … and they want laughter and fun (that word again)
And that’s usually about the time, I enter onto someone’s radar. The thing I most often hear people say to me: “I don’t know how I found you.”
And that just makes me smile every time because I know how you found me. You’re time is up! Your time of suffering, sickness , pain, problems and confusion is UP. You must have asked for a true solution, either that or you sent up a prayer to Heaven, because if you are reading this, you’re time is up. And that’s how you found me.
I have almost 30 years of experience in publicity and marketing combined with an passion and obsession for awakening, enlightenment and healing. I have a unique perspective on what it takes to utterly transform your life, based on my own personal experimentation, trial-and-error practices, hilarious mistakes, not-so-funny delay tactics based on my own fear and resistance: one step forward, two steps back.
So. I get it. I know what goes on in transformation and I help people to shorten their own learning curve, by taking what I have learned and applying it in their own life.
I teach classes, offer healing retreats and workshops, online courses, write blogs, do videos and audios and give interviews.
Here are some of the programs:
I am the creator of the free 40-Day Program for Transformation (which is an epic “starter” program for anyone ready to move into a whole new life. Click here to register and to watch a video about it).
I’m also the creator The Healing Cure, an 8-week online training program (which is coming soon!)
If you are interested in A Course in Miracles (which to me, is the FAST TRACK to enlightenment) and want to complete the workbook lessons in one year and you like the way I teach, sign up for ACIM 365, which is a one-year audio program with me – you get a 10-minute daily audios from me, for every single workbook lesson, for every single day of the year.
That’s my professional life. For more of my personal life, keep reading and keep scrolling.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT ME?
Here are 12 fun personal details.
1. I’m a total home-body, a classic textbook Taurus Girl. There is no place like home. I love comfort, luxury, cooking, good food, reading, baths and movies. I love doing nothing. I love hanging out. My personality is a unusual combination of fierce determination mixed with what I previously labeled “laziness” (which I have now chosen to re-label as relaxing and enjoying life).
2. I consider my life a science lab, a testing experiment ground for the spiritual ideas I read about. I’m living proof that there is no order of difficulty in miracles and no order of difficulties in healing when you change your mind, your energy, your attitude and your emotions. It’s never too late to have a life you love. You’re never too old. Whatever you can imagine in your mind, you can do. You’re unstoppable, with power and ability to do whatever you choose.
3. A Course in Miracles came into my life in 1992 when I learned about it in the first few pages of Marianne Williamson’s book “A Return to Love”. She wrote about three hardcover blue books on someone’s coffee table. I read those words on a Saturday morning. I was in my apartment in Park Slope, Brooklyn and my mind went all electric with excitement. A Course in Miracles! What the heck is that? OMG. In that very instant, without hesitation or thinking, I grabbed my keys and my purse, hopped a subway to the Astor Place Barnes and Nobles in Manhattan and bought my first copy.
4. For the first few years, I treated A Course in Miracles as if it was pornography. I kept it in a closet hidden away, like a dirty shameful secret. I didn’t know a single person who knew A Course in Miracles. This was back before the internet. I would only bring the book out when I was absolutely sure no one else was around. I would race home from work, all excited to pour vodka tonics and spend the entire night reading. I didn’t understand a single word of it. It talked about God, Holy Spirit, Christ and Jesus and the Christian terminology made me nervous (but I couldn’t stop reading). Now I am totally “out-of-the-closet” and openly in love with Jesus – the greatest teacher, healer, friend and role model who ever lived.
(and as a side note: the alcoholism and desire/need for alcohol fell away from me in March 2001 – it just disappeared from me like a cloud passing as if I’d never been a party girl to begin with. So those were bonus points)
5. After college (Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, FL) I moved back to my hometown of New Hampshire and decided I wanted to work in book publishing. I bought a book for authors that listed every book publishing company in the USA. I decided I could live anywhere but I was definitely NOT moving to NYC. I circled a bunch of publishers around the country to send my resume and X’ed out the publishing companies in NYC. Guess where I landed? You know it. NYC.
6. Which reminds me: A friend of mine once said to me “Whenever you say “never” – as in “I’ll never do that” – you can be certain it’s on the way.
7. My favorite food on the planet is cake.
8. In 2010, I made a joke to my then-friend (now husband) Bill Free. I had very little money at the time and no job and we had a shared love of coffee and I said to him: I know I will “have arrived” when I am drinking Illy espresso” (my fave coffee ever, which is about $15 a canister, a fortune in my mind). That afternoon, Bill gave me two canisters of Illy coffee and said “You’ve arrived.”
9. The most life-altering thing I ever did (besides A Course in Miracles) is walk a partial Camino – 150 miles – from Portugal to Santiago Spain in June 2018 with 20 friends and my husband Bill. We’re going again in June 2019.
10. My “diet” is that I eat real food. It’s not actually a diet. A lot of people have seen my 60-pound weight loss and want to know what I did. I started to love myself. I stopped with the hatred and self-sabotage. As an act of self-love, I began staying conscious and awake around food. I began eating things that has not been packaged or processed in a factory. How simple is that? The closest thing I have seen to the way I eat is Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen’s way of eating – and I have been eating that way long before the Boston Globe 2016 article that came out with the interview with their personal chef, long before Tom’s book TB2 was published. I laugh like crazy when I read internet stories of people who try to do “the Tom and Gisele diet” and find it impossible. To me, it’s the easiest thing in the world. Eat food that is food, with one ingredient, that you can pronounce. And cake.
11. I’m a certified Zumba instructor, even though I don’t teach anymore. I love dancing. My childhood dream was to be a New York City Rockette at Radio City Music Hall. But that never panned it.
12. I have lots of soul mates and two of them are currently in cat bodies, living in our house: Joy and Vanna.